The Church of the Immaculate Conception accepts offerings for Mass Intentions. To request to have a Mass offered for a particular person or cause, please contact the Parish Office.
Policy Regarding Mass Intentions
- The suggested offering for a Mass Intention is $7.00, but more or less than $7.00 will be accepted.
- The intention can be for a deceased person or a living person, Catholic or non-Catholic.
- The intention can be for a general need of the Church such as world peace, vocations to the priesthood and religious life, respect for human life, etc. Intentions should be general and not specific to an individual.
- A specific Mass time and date can be requested, but if that date is taken, the Mass will be assigned to the closest possible date or according to the requester’s preference.
- We will accept up to three Mass offerings and intentions at the 7:30 am Mass on Tuesdays and Fridays. We will accept only one Mass offering and intention per Mass on Sundays, Saturdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- The Mass Intention for one of the weekend Masses and for one of the Masses on a Holy Day of Obligation will be for the parishioners of Immaculate Conception.
- For a particular person or general need, we will accept one Mass offering/intention per month and up to six Mass offerings/intentions per year.
- We will schedule Mass intentions as far as 18 months in advance.
- The name(s) for the Mass intention will be published in the parish bulletin and announced at Mass by either the cantor (before the Opening Hymn) or the priest (during the Prayers of the Faithful).
- Each member of the faithful may offer the Mass for his or her own intention. The merits of the Mass are infinite.
- The Mass offering (stipend) goes to the parish’s general fund. In some dioceses it is kept by the priest, but in our archdiocese the policy is that it goes to the parish.